Boa experience?

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'm looking at getting a pastel ball python for my first snake but can't help liking the look of the red tails boas. Would consider getting one but the size of them full grown kind of makes me uneasy. Any experience on these guys on growth rate or anything else. Everything else like housing wouldn't be a issue. But Any food for thought to help me feel alittle better for the future?

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
if you can provide the space for them (I would say no smaller than 6'x3' for an adult) then I think you will find red tailed boas more rewarding. If you cannot afford that much space, try looking into hogg island or dumerils boas. Both of those will stay much smaller than a red tail (though still larger than ball pythons) and have the same sort of shape as a red tail. They are also very easy to keep and tame.

Ball pythons are fine pets but if you want something a bit different and more interesting then I think you will prefer the boas I mentioned.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
if you can provide the space for them (I would say no smaller than 6'x3' for an adult) then I think you will find red tailed boas more rewarding. If you cannot afford that much space, try looking into hogg island or dumerils boas. Both of those will stay much smaller than a red tail (though still larger than ball pythons) and have the same sort of shape as a red tail. They are also very easy to keep and tame.

Ball pythons are fine pets but if you want something a bit different and more interesting then I think you will prefer the boas I mentioned.
Yeah space wouldn't be an issue. The house that my Girlfrend moved into has an extra closet that she isent using. She told me I could take the doors off and make a vivarium into the closet.
I think I will adjust as he grows. Getting him as s hatchling will buy me some time I beleave. I just feel like if I get a ball, I'll get bored and buy more of them to satisfy me instead of just getting what I want and sticking with it.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I think I'm just alittle intimidated knowing the snake will out grow me haha (5/9 & 115 lbs )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store