Altolamprologus species

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
I would say no, fish from lake Malawi should not be in the same tank as fish from lake Tanganyika. Most fish from lake Malawi are to rambunctious for most Tangs, not to say it won't work but the Calvus/comps will spend their time hiding and you will never see them.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Depends on which Peacocks and Haps. There are mild temperament peacocks and Haps that can be kept with Calvus and Haps. I have adult size Comps with peacocks I hand picked from my other African tanks that are quite docile in temperament and they get along well. I also have Zimbabwe Rock Hap and Milomos with them.

But I think I will change it to just have juvie Fronts with the Comps, as I will like to have less active fish with the Comps.

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I would say no, fish from lake Malawi should not be in the same tank as fish from lake Tanganyika. Most fish from lake Malawi are to rambunctious for most Tangs, not to say it won't work but the Calvus/comps will spend their time hiding and you will never see them.
They will do very well with peacocks...avoid mbuna species as both love the rocks and the mbuna will not make life very nice for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store