Picked this beauty up over the weekend. Thought I would share with you!

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Picked this lovely little girl up over the weekend. Fell in love with her on site and she wasn't even showing all the colors that she is now. Can't wait to see her grow out!

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Thanks everyone! I am in love with her already.

As for naming her, this might be me being superstitious or crazy but any time I have name a fish it has died on me within a couple of weeks. After owning them for a while I usually get a name/nickname for them based on their personality or their look but picking a name for the sake of having a name has never worked for me.

Here are a few examples of names my fish do have that have survived.

Twig tail - A bushy nose pleco that has only a sliver of it's tail left....not sure how it lost the rest but its just a little stick now.

Stubs - One of the first cory cats that I bought. I thought I could keep him with a freshwater puffer. The puffer ate both his front fins and then immediately went back to the fish store. Has been alive now for 4 years.

Fishstick - Not from South Park. This is another cory cat that I have had for about 4 years now. He/She is the largest out of the group and you can always spot it based on sheer size alone.

I am sure she will eventually end up with a name but for now I am playing it safe and sticking to my superstitions.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
very nice.. But who told u it's a she?

it's a he

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I'd guess male also.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413845740.431687.jpg
Cropped from your last photo.
The females I've had always had vents that looked collapsed with the tip hooking towards the head. The males like a pen tip open and pointed down. Just my 2cents.

Sweet fish regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store