MY PACMAN CATFISH TRIED TO EAT MY CHACA CATFISH

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
So much for my ugly cats combo my pacman catfish tried to eat my chaca cat i stopped him thankfully. They are almost the same size. Now the pacman is acting as if hes trying to get a nasty taste out him mouth. I wonder if the chaca has some kind of poison or nasty defence. Good thing i was sitting by the tank at the time. LMAO

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I would keep an eye on the pacman. I have read that chaca secrete a toxin on their skin.
Hes fine crushed 5 or 6 tilapia chunks and hes cool. Chaca definitly has some kind of toxic defense i can tell by the reaction from the pacman cat. Seems to be more foul tasting than fatal. But who knows what the outcome would be if something eats the chaca.

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Chaca Chaca's are great cats. I have read that they can infect a whole tank with the toxins if stressed out. I have read that a bunch of guppies used as feeders were dead in a few days.

neildie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
CA
thats crazy !!

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the pacman cat?

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Chaca Chaca's are great cats. I have read that they can infect a whole tank with the toxins if stressed out. I have read that a bunch of guppies used as feeders were dead in a few days.
Yes they are some of my favorite catfish. I have had a bunch over the years never had them kill other fish with toxins so im not sure how true that is. I actually had 2 when i first got this one but it was killed, so after having one killed and one almost eaten LOL, i doubt the toxins can kill other fish in the tank.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
thats crazy !!

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the pacman cat?
Yea it was crazy to see out of nowhere. It came from jeff rapps a while back, Ive got some great fish from him over the years. Last time i checked his page he had some new ones in stock im thinking of getting 2 more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store