Finally bit the bullet

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
So things didn't work out with the Nandus I picked up a week ago tinfoil barbs tore the poor guy to shreds. Went back to the LFS for another and sure enough they were out. Saw they were running a 30% firefighter discount for the month of October and I felt obligated to fill the predator void in my 90 gallon with a nice 4.5" Senegal Bichir. It's been one of those fish I've always wanted to try and hopefully it works out. One question with bichirs how readily do they accept live food? I know the LFS had them on feeder guppies.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413835819.780883.jpg

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
How readily do they accept live food?

Pretty good. this one is 5 inches before that I had a 8 inch sens that was in with the Oscar and JD he would take fish from their mouths was brazen and funny at the same time.

Doesn't get any fresher then this.

The one break dancing around took a near miss from GARfield and slammed the glass pretty good, I ended up throwing him in with the turtles.

But ya they hunt pretty good.

Rich

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
between my 3 sens and my jack Dempsey somewhere between 200and 300 guppys vanished in around 8 days. ( was all of my feeder stock, was stopping the use of them and just dumped em in)

On the fun side seeing my Dempsey charge a cloud of guppy fry with s mouth open like a whale going after krill was breath taking.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
By the way if you think he moves fast heading for the surface wait till you have to catch him for something (always cover your net or container they jump like mad when angry)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store