New 75 gallon

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
Hey all, haven't posted in a while. I went over to salt water. But I didnt enjoy it and just missed fresh water so I came back! I just bought a 75 gallon off a guy and this is it !

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413860603.490560.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413860610.005531.jpg

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
I feed my silver dollars algae wafers / lettuce occasionally. Most of the time they just go after the food the larger cichlids expel through their gills / or spit out. Good looking setup!

swifty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2013
California
Welcome back. There are some really nice looking saltwater fish, but they can't even come close to the personality of a freshwater cichlid.

I feed my silver dollars algae wafers / lettuce occasionally. Most of the time they just go after the food the larger cichlids expel through their gills / or spit out. Good looking setup!
This is what I do as well. I throw in 3-5 pinches of NLS Large fish formula, and they'll grab a few whole pellets themselves, then munch on what my JD/FM/Con spit out. They'll also nibble on the zucchini that I drop in once a week for my bristlenose.

As for what could be doing that, I have no idea. How long have you had them? Almost looks like a fungus or something. One of my largest silver dollars got a nasty bump on him when I first put him in the tank (he got spooked and ran into a piece of driftwood) but since I've increased the school to 5, he's calmed down a lot.

SantaMonicaHelp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Welcome back. There are some really nice looking saltwater fish, but they can't even come close to the personality of a freshwater cichlid.

This is what I do as well. I throw in 3-5 pinches of NLS Large fish formula, and they'll grab a few whole pellets themselves, then munch on what my JD/FM/Con spit out. They'll also nibble on the zucchini that I drop in once a week for my bristlenose.

As for what could be doing that, I have no idea. How long have you had them? Almost looks like a fungus or something. One of my largest silver dollars got a nasty bump on him when I first put him in the tank (he got spooked and ran into a piece of driftwood) but since I've increased the school to 5, he's calmed down a lot.
Could you elaborate on the personality of a freshwater cichlid vs saltwater fish? I am just curious... trying to learn more

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
Looks like fin rot.
I noticed you have no top on your tank, be careful with your Qscar they will jump. I lost my 13" red Oscar last month he knocked the glass lid off and landed on the floor.

Your tank is also not big enough for all of those fish, If I'm reading your post right you have 3 Oscar's, 2 Silver$, a convict and a Midas. Your 75 is big enough for the large Oscar alone.

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
When I bought the tank it came with the Midas and 2 small oscars, I bought the big Oscar and the 2 silver dollars. One has now died. I have rehomed one Oscar and looking to rehome the other small oscar and the Midas keeping one convict 2.5" the big oscars and hopefully the solo silver dollar if it survives

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store