4 new pups on 20 oct

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
Well I just had my first litter but to me they seem super small, around 3 in. Anyways the mom is a motoro who has some super spots developing and the dad is a mantilla.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pics, I just ran home from work to take care of things so I will load up some pics tomorrow. All seem to be swimming and doing fine for now.

Wish me luck!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Congrats. Hope you got them separated out from the adults. Hope to see pics soon. If you need any advice or help pm me or text me. Kevin

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
All pups are exciting but the first batch is awesome. Hope all goes well. Post pics when you can.

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
Alright I now have them separated and in the 60g. All seems to be going well so far. I haven't tried to feed yet but will later tonight. All four measured between three and four inches with three of them having the long mantilla tail. 3m 1f.

Anyways here are a couple of cell phone pics, I'll grab the wifes dslr soon and take some better ones. The pics are all in random order, I will get one of each later so you can tell which is which.

One with mom

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Very nice congrats. They all look so similar to each other.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
Yea not a lot of difference in them as of yet. Hopefully in a month or so I can see some good change. Sometime in the not so distance future I will by looking for a good female leo to hopefully eventually breed with my male mantilla to get some different hybrids.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Very nice mate, congrats!
You had ni issues with them being left in with the mum for a little while then?
Hear so many stories of pups getting torn up by the parents.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Congrats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store