Tank taking forever

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Hi guys, looking for a bit of help here. I ordered my 260 gal at the end of June and was told it would take about 10 weeks because they had alot of orders to get through which I was fine with. I was to pay half of the cost of the tank as a deposit which I did, took all of my details etc and that was that. Three days later I hadn't had any confirmation of my order and had to call and ask for confirmation before they bothered to send anything which I thought was odd. My tank should have been ready around the middle of September so I called and was told it would be another two weeks. I called back at the end of September and was told it would be another two weeks. It's now 3 weeks since I last called and still haven't heard anything, they have never contacted me, never gave me any updates on my order unless I call them and ask for it and it's starting to feel like i'll never get it! Anyone else had this experience? Is there anything I can do to get my money back and order elsewhere if it doesn't arrive soon?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
who'd you order it from? ask them why there is a hold up and why they are not keeping you updated. After that if it keeps up call them and tell them they have a time limit before you want a refund. and if it goes beyond that, call the Better Business Bureau and file against them. I have no mercy on bad customer service haha.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
annnnnnnnnnd youre in Scotland so I have NO idea what your laws are over there hahaha. I'd just call and call and call until you get a definitive answer.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I see your sig says Scotland. If you used a credit card, and if you were in the US, you could cancel the order and have the CC company reimburse you the money. You have to be able to prove to the CC company what you said: you were promised it in 10 weeks and have not received the tank. Keep in mind however that if you "gave" them more time, it muddies the water. You should have only told them that they are late and you are demanding the tank be sent.

In Scotland, I don't know if it works quite that way.

Another option (which is how we used to do it before we had the credit card option) is to basically send the company a certified letter demanding the tank to be sent or your money returned within 10 days otherwise your order was cancelled and you would initiate legal actions. From there (in the US) you have to go to small claims court and sue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store