Could Really Use Your Opinion!

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
I am planning to setup a 75 Gallon (US) Aquarium. I currently have a 135 Gallon with a rather overstocked list of Cichlids/Misc Fish.

The question is: How should I stock both the 135 and the 75 with the Fish that I currently have? I understand that I would still have to re-home some of the fish and perhaps add a few other fish in order to properly establish either tank.

Here is my stock list:
1 Female Festae 7"
1 Male Green Terror 8"
1 Male Vieja Argentea 6"
1 Male Motaguense 3"
3 Electric Yellow (African) 4"
1 Clown Loach 5"
1 Climbing Perch Fish (Tough but peaceful) 7"
1 Ornate Bichir 10"

I am thinking that I will definitely need to decide between the Vieja Argentea and the Motaguense as both will become very large and dominant (Potentially claim an entire tank to themselves). The Female Festae, despite her size, is tolerant provided she has her cave. She only nips at the Green Terror if he starts chasing me around. In fact, aggression really isn't an issue in my tank as of yet. I also understand that I will either need to add a few more Clown Loaches or re-home the one I have as they prefer to be in groups.

All ideas are welcome. I really could use some outside experience/perspective.

Please lend me your thoughts and thanks for the help!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Though they are schooling fish, CL can exist alone in a clean and not too stressful environment. Of course, this won't bring out their wonderful personality that most fish keepers adore. Also note that CL can grow to 12" long and more than half that in height, so they are a rather large fish. That 135 will be a quite small for 5 fully grown CL. However, they are super slow growers

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Really surprised the festae hasn't shown her true aggression yet

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Though they are schooling fish, CL can exist alone in a clean and not too stressful environment. Of course, this won't bring out their wonderful personality that most fish keepers adore. Also note that CL can grow to 12" long and more than half that in height, so they are a rather large fish. That 135 will be a quite small for 5 fully grown CL. However, they are super slow growers
Yeah perhaps I simply re-home it as 3 or more CL's will be probably too large for even the 135 down the road.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Really surprised the festae hasn't shown her true aggression yet

I raised her with the Green Terror in the 135 since she was about 1-2 inches. She does well with all of the current stock (so far...). Hoping that I can accommodate her well enough to not go berserk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store