Source for PNG epaulette sharks

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Does anyone have a good source for PNG epaulette sharks? I would prefer captive born pups, but would consider other specimens as well. Looking for a group of 4 total (1m:3f). I am in no hurry at this point, would rather be patient and find good healthy animals for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the help.

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Found a guy named Dave who had some for sale a couple of years ago. Emailed him and he should have some available in a few months which coincides with when the new system should be ready for fish.

Any ideas on tankmates? I would like as much color and variety as possible. It will be a mixed reef system with live corals.

Here are some ideas.

Mixture of tangs (Powder blue, regal, yellow, dejardin, bristletooth, naso, etc. )

Majestic foxface, pyramid butterfly, soldier fish, lyretail anthias, zebra moral, marine betta, large hawkfish

I know there is a potential for some of the to become prey eventually (anthias), and possibly some harassment from tangs, foxface, or butterfly.

Any other ideas for a reef tank with an epaulette?

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
Lots of people on Shark Ray Central have been getting the newly discovered species of epaulette :drool:. They look like the PNG. You can check there.

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Saw the new epaulettes on my list this week as walking sharks. Very expensive though, even more than the short tailed nurse sharks. Hard to spend that kind of money without seeing the actual animals first. The no shipping guarantee also makes me a bit weary, got burned on some freshwater rays before from improper shipping (ie no purging them first for a few days).

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
The ones I saw today are $600 on my wholesale list. That is more than short tailed nurse sharks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store