Mini Marbles? Are there any still out there?

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I remember back in 2012 there was a lot of talk about mini marbles, so I'm curious is there anyone out there breeding these little guys? Any pics? I seem to remember there was someone breeding mini marbles back then but I can't find anything in the search or any newish threads about them? I remember the debates on whether they were stunted or not but I am like 99.99999ish percent sure someone was breeding mini marbles. Thankyou all in advance!

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Talk to dbjunkie. I believe he has several marbles that he calls mini.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I don't post much about them cause of all the BS drama I seemed to get over them - just like my Falkneri- which is a shame cause they're really something else. So I just keep them to myself and the friends I have here on MFK that I keep in touch with......

But to answer your question - yup, they're still here. And the population is on the rise.

Here's some pics of the 2 that are currently holding, and some pics of Larry and his hussies. The tank they're in is a 180 for size reference. The pair that produced the nicest pup so far are both around 9" discs. The 2 holding are closer to a foot across.

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

Reactions: Toothyboi

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Mini or not those are all looking outstanding Al. Nice to see some pics.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
All those are great marbles.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I don't post much about them cause of all the BS drama I seemed to get over them - just like my Falkneri- which is a shame cause they're really something else. So I just keep them to myself and the friends I have here on MFK that I keep in touch with......

But to answer your question - yup, they're still here. And the population is on the rise.

Here's some pics of the 2 that are currently holding, and some pics of Larry and his hussies. The tank they're in is a 180 for size reference. The pair that produced the nicest pup so far are both around 9" discs. The 2 holding are closer to a foot across.
They look amazing! I sent you a pm. Thankyou for responding as well!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains

Love em all db!
Let people doubt cause they have no idea. Keep on sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store