Two 75 Gallon or a 135 Gallon

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Depends on the dimensions... If its 75 gallons and short and tall that kinda limits you.... I'd say I'd prefer two shallower tanks (say 18" deep) with medium sized cichilds. So You have the option of separation and not mixing the wrong species. If you wanted one or two Bigger fish I'd go for the larger tank.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Depends on the dimensions... If its 75 gallons and short and tall that kinda limits you.... I'd say I'd prefer two shallower tanks (say 18" deep) with medium sized cichilds. So You have the option of separation and not mixing the wrong species. If you wanted one or two Bigger fish I'd go for the larger tank.

the 135 is 72" L and 18" W

The 75's are 48" L and 18" W

I am debating what to do with my current stock.

Female Festae, Male Green Terror, Male Motaguense, Male Vieja Argentea...

Will certainly have to re-home one or 2 either way. Really need help deciding what would be best.

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
the 135 is 72" L and 18" W

The 75's are 48" L and 18" W

I am debating what to do with my current stock.

Female Festae, Male Green Terror, Male Motaguense, Male Vieja Argentea...

Will certainly have to re-home one or 2 either way. Really need help deciding what would be best.
As I've said before it would be best to get rid of the moat and argentea. So the you could have some dithers in with the terrors and maybe a small cichlid. Then some medium sized ones in th 75

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Yeah the idea was to have perhaps the Mota as a wet pet in the 75...

By small Cichlid, what sort of species are you referring to? Convict?

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I switched from the larger SA/Ca cichlids to a 75 with the smaller ones like Alex recommended and couldn't be happier. If you keep any of your stock besides the GT your 135 is your only option.

Darth Nandopsis

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
Coruscant
When dealing w/ any cichlids that have the potential to get over 12", bigger is always better. Even a 135 is a drop in the bucket.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
I switched from the larger SA/Ca cichlids to a 75 with the smaller ones like Alex recommended and couldn't be happier. If you keep any of your stock besides the GT your 135 is your only option.

Problem is I love my female Festae... I have been trying to build around her for a long time. So was really trying to figure out whether I should sell my 135 and get two 75 gallon tanks and have the Festae as a wet pet in one tank and put the GT and some other medium Cichlids in the other...

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
This problem is easily solved. What you should do is get another 135. If that does`nt work for whatever reason, fix the reason!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store