Newcomer Looking for stocking suggestions & advice

Saintwarrior15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
Wisconsin
Hello, I am new to this forum however not new to fishkeeping. I have kept fish on and off for most of my 17 year life and continue to find it fascinating and I now have the funds to undertake my biggest project hopefully with your help. Alright so I very recently bought a baby Albino Polypterus Senegalus no more then 4 inches in length and very thin; he is currently housed alone in a 20 gallon on a diet mainly of Hikari freeze dried Bloodworms while my 75 gallon finishes cycling. now I am already planning for his final home to be a tank of either 125 gallons or 150 gallons depending on the advice I get here. What I'm trying to figure out is what to stock this tank with? what I really like are oddballs and predatory fish. hopefully with the help of you guys I can find a fish that is both. Okay so a little more I know fish of this type are generally harder to care for and need a lot more attention and filtration; I know this is a long term commitment and I'm motivated to do this because it has been a passion of mine as long as I can remember. Some of the fish I have been considering include the African Pike, Red tail barracuda, and the Tiger Oscar, however I am still not fully decided and I'm very interested in the other types of fish that will hopefully be suggested. My dream fish is an arowana however i have ruled that out for now because they obviously get to large for an aquarium of my size. I brought that up in case any of you know of a similar predator that I could successfully care for. Thank you all for your time. Any other tips concerns and advice is welcomed and appreciated.

rosne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
CA
The albino senegal doesn't require that much attention to take care so don't stress to much about.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Give the little sen some real food to put meat on it. Tilapia filets are a great food for your new little fish along with Hikari sinking carnivore pellets.

Saintwarrior15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
Wisconsin
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hey thanks for the advice I'll see what I can do the carnivore pellets lll pick up this weekend and see if he will accept them also his mouth is pretty small should I just dice the tilapia into fine pieces for him?[/FONT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store