MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Depending on what size they come in I might seperate them into another tank, but if they come in at 4-5" then I'd put them in the 180. Something to think about also is that young endlicheri are cannablistic so you might want to watch all of them to make sure that there isn't one missing one day. For the gar I would add it now if you wanted or whenever you fell comfortable. I personally haven't kept gar, so I can't give a definite opinion, but with the Endlicheri as small as they are and senegals pretty much never eating other tankmates as long as gars I would think they'd be ok.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know the rate of growth for endli? I was planning on feeding them ghost shrimp/krill. I have more blood worms than I know what to do with in my freezer but theyre too much of a hassle yo deal with.

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
They will grow up to 2" a month for the first two months. Then it slows to about an inch a month until they get to be about 12" or so. They will be bigger than your sen in no time.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
:D great!

Im not sure if I should get some dats or a few other polys to cap out this tank. I bought four endlicheri to guarantee at least 2 reach adulthood. Not that I expect death, I'm just cautious. Two will be gifted to a friend of mine if all four make it. Maybe a bichir bichir (Nile) and a koliba will be the ticket.

Anyway, Ill post pics when i put them in. The tank is looking great! One of my favorites, for sure!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
:D great!

Im not sure if I should get some dats or a few other polys to cap out this tank. I bought four endlicheri to guarantee at least 2 reach adulthood. Not that I expect death, I'm just cautious. Two will be gifted to a friend of mine if all four make it. Maybe a bichir bichir (Nile) and a koliba will be the ticket.

Anyway, Ill post pics when i put them in. The tank is looking great! One of my favorites, for sure!
Mine grew to 9" in 2 and half months here's a example

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414070992.205189.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know the rate of growth for endli? I was planning on feeding them ghost shrimp/krill. I have more blood worms than I know what to do with in my freezer but theyre too much of a hassle yo deal with.
Add tilapia, and small shrimp sinking pellet to the food list. Adult Endli will consume massivore delight pellet whole. Personally once my polys became adults I eliminated the frozen bloodworms, and replaced that with small earthworm's .:)

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Whoah! Very nice! All four came in this morning and seem to be alright. They are around 3 inches and very skinny.

I put them in a 10g. Grow out tank with java moss and java fern to hide in.

Any advice for the first few weeks? Water changes, early diet, etc?

Right now the ph is at 7.7, nitrates are at 10ish, amonia is <.25

Any advice would be helpful.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Whoah! Very nice! All four came in this morning and seem to be alright. They are around 3 inches and very skinny.

I put them in a 10g. Grow out tank with java moss and java fern to hide in.

Any advice for the first few weeks? Water changes, early diet, etc?

Right now the ph is at 7.7, nitrates are at 10ish, amonia is <.25

Any advice would be helpful.
Just feed them well bloodworms and massivore! And some earth worms tore in half ... Can't stress enough about massivore pellets ... And witch ever ones start to outgrow the slower growers get them out and put em in a diff tank or they will eat your ones that don't grow so quick I had a 4" endli eat its 2" sibling

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Is it normal for small endlicheri to have trouble swimming? They all appear to be very... awkward? When startled they are very fast and efficient swimmers, but one is quasi floating/ and two are struggling to move. As I said before, they dont seem to have any issues when startled. These still have their "axolotl" gills by the way. I have never had any this small!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store