Foot long lungfish

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Hey everyone I woke up this morning to find that my friend had left me a 65gal acrylic tank with his last fish inside which is a big SA lungfish from what I was told. he's the thickness of a water bottle and longer than 1ft. I was just wondering if I was to sell him how much should I ask. He looks perfectly healthy. I can post pics later on. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Such a beast!! He just left it on your porch?!? That's awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Yeah I remember when he bought the thing a year ago half the size, he has certainly put on some weight. but my friend was moving and decided to give him to me instead of donating it to my lfs. I'm just not to sure I want a single tank dedicated to one fish that's why I'm thinking of selling this beast. Let me know what you all think! Thanks

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
That's an African Lungfish (Not a South American.) Prices vary widely based on location, and demand.

I've seen them for anywhere between free - like yours, and $75-100 (high end retail.)

If you do not want it, and want a quick sale, I'd say start at $50 to see if any interest pops up.

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
That's an African Lungfish (Not a South American.) Prices vary widely based on location, and demand.

I've seen them for anywhere between free - like yours, and $75-100 (high end retail.)

If you do not want it, and want a quick sale, I'd say start at $50 to see if any interest pops up.
Alright cool thanks for the tip I was just going off what I was told he was. guess I'll start posting some fs adds

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I agree, all lungfish are great pets. I have 3 species of Africans and each has it's own 125 tank. I say keep it for awhile. I think you will learn to love it. Just make sure you don't try and give it a roommate. Unless you want it to magically become 2 pieces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store