Is this normal???

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Hi there, I just got a green puffer from my lfs. But then every now and then he likes to curl up his tail and hide at a corner. Is this normal when the fish is just placed into the tank? He is housed in a 60gal with 3 juve gouramis, 5 diamond tetras and 2 albino senegal bichirs (5inch and still not growing much after a year lol)

Heres my tank

uploadfromtaptalk1414070676511.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Don't think that's normal. If it's a GSP (green spotted puffer) it needs brackish water and eventually saltwater as an adult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

purplecandle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2010
North Carolina
Can you get a pic of the puffer to identify it. Whatever species it is, it can't be with those other fish.

The tail curl thing is usually stress, bad water quality, sleeping or just plain freaking out.

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Can you get a pic of the puffer to identify it. Whatever species it is, it can't be with those other fish.

The tail curl thing is usually stress, bad water quality, sleeping or just plain freaking out.
Okay so after a few days of monitoring, I think hes sleeping when he does so. hes really active now and just loves to swim around the tank. He'll just curl up at a cosy spot under some driftwood at some points of the day. The other fish dont seem to bother him for now...

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Don't think that's normal. If it's a GSP (green spotted puffer) it needs brackish water and eventually saltwater as an adult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yes my puffer is a GSP and the tank is brackish at the moment. But is it a must for it to have saltwater when its fullgrown??? Coz if yes I really gotta go get a new tank sighz

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
And heres the little guy!!! Anything about him you guys can tell me about??

uploadfromtaptalk1414342108752.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store