Is it possible? 2" pair of electric blue acara

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
They've been circling each other and one has been puffing out his throat for the last 30 minutes. They're only 2"?! I have tetras in the tank bigger than they are. Lol. Is it possible to have a pair form at this small size?

Tharsgaard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Scotland
Yes. Mine are only 2 inches and laid a large clutch 3 weeks ago and less than half dozen eggs didnt come out. They played at it for about a month cleaning a flat stone, looked like they were attacking the stone. I left lights off for a couple of days and then the stone was covered in eggs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tharsgaard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Scotland
No problem. Thats what happened with mine, I was told they were all males and were probably infertile anyway by the lfs :-D . Like I said they played at it for a few weeks so I thought they were right and one morning lots of healthy looking eggs and a week later lots of healthy looking fry.

Tharsgaard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Scotland
Forgot ro mention. If you remove the eggs/fry or leave them to be eaten in a community tank they will breed every couple of weeks. So if any shops or plenty of hobbyists are intrested around you a its good little side line :-D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store