Raphael Catfish vision?

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Im wondering how to the vision of Raphs are. Atleast one of them seem to be completly blind, or something like that. When i feed in the tank, it can swim right past a piece of food, and then suddenly turn around and go eat it.
It also seems to someone time change color from normal raphael color to the places that are white and brown becomming gold. I'll get a picture later.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
The gold means you most likely have a male and he's acquiring his coloration, mine went through that, started with white stripes and ended up a dark gold. They don't have the best sight and like most cats are more reliant on their barbels to find food which is why he may show that behavior when feeding so his barbels have an accurate idea of where the smell of food is coming from as opposed to his eyes seeing it.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
The gold means you most likely have a male and he's acquiring his coloration, mine went through that, started with white stripes and ended up a dark gold. They don't have the best sight and like most cats are more reliant on their barbels to find food which is why he may show that behavior when feeding so his barbels have an accurate idea of where the smell of food is coming from as opposed to his eyes seeing it.
Thanks.
The coloration is really nice. Eyes almost blue too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store