Exodon Paradoxus aka Bucktooth Tetra

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I just saw them on aquabid. Don`t know anything about the seller but I do know a little about exodon. Miserable little sons-a-@#%$^&!

I wish you lots of luck if you get some. They are a cool fish but boy are they a challenge.

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
UPDATE:

I asked my LFG to get some for me and yesterday (after nearly 2 weeks) they're called me and I got 100 (1.5 inche in size) of these mini killing machine :)
As I expected right out of the shipping bag 10 Exodons (weak one) already got beat up so bad lol, those 10 got thiet tail eaten up to thier flesh, basisly I lost 10 right out of the bag hahaha, the rest are doing fine and got along with my clown loaches, cory cats, some of my clown loach try to depend thier territory and chase these new exodons around...I must say those clown loach really bold :p

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
New UPDATE:

After 6 weeks all my Exodons (125) are getting big and they are really put up some weight, oddly there still few of them are refused to grow or grow extremely slow than other. The smallest one is 1.5 inches and the biggest one around 2.5 inches, majority of the group a bit bigger than 2 inches. Here is a video clip at feeding time (bloodworm and pellet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKz64UDUaLk

Edit: I couldn't post video on here so here is the link. Enjoy!

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
hehehe yeah! I was abit shocked when they are nipped my arm by mistake while I do my cleaning lol it's quite a powerful bite from them, no bleed but do give me a good freaking feeling when they do that :) I'm glad they are not a real Piranha..... :ROFL:

Update:
There is a pair that close to 3 inches and I think they are male and female. I don't think they are going to spawn but in case that gonna happen then I have no way to get them out to a breeding tank without tear apart of my tank decor :) and I don't want to do that. :D

Also, these grow quite fast if given them a right water condition, good diet and they not even salvage each others like some folks experienced.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Great thread. Do they bother the loaches or Cory cats at all?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nope, they leave them alone and loaches joined them for frenzy feeding all the time, they even grabbed bloodworm from Exodon and run away, Cory cats just cruising on the bottom, also my Exodon don't even touch algae eater Octocinlus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store