Rare Albino Deer Bagged by 11 Yr Old

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Well, it's deer hunting season. Every year we get at least one hunting thread so I'm just filling the quota.

I don't hunt myself but I got family members who are avid hunters so I look forward to some deer jerky and deer steak and what not

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/rare-albino-deer-bagged-11-year-old/

An 11-year-old Michigan hunter last week killed a rare albino deer while on a hunting trip with his father.

This week, the story is generating a wide range of emotional feedback on Facebook.

Gavin’s father, Mick Dingman, told Livingston Daily that he and his son had spotted the white deer several times in recent years, and that other hunters had talked about trying to bag the animal
The family plans to pay a taxidermist to create a full body mount of the deer.
albinodeer-copy.jpg

albinodeer-copy.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Amazing it lived so long in the wild and I'd rather such a unique animal be captured and kept in a zoo but at the end of the day a dear is a dear I guess.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Amazed @ the deer for surviving that long.
But really, it would be nice to see such a animal in a zoo
Amazing it lived so long in the wild and I'd rather such a unique animal be captured and kept in a zoo but at the end of the day a dear is a dear I guess.

Are you guys joking? Rare animals taste WAY better!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'd imagine it's safest time would have been during the winter when everything was snow covered although food would have been harder to find.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Typical hunter lets just kill the rare animal for a trophy. If they were just hunting for food, they should have just took down a normal deer.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Are you guys joking? Rare animals taste WAY better!
I'm going to venture and guess that you must be joking and as to the question of if deer are kept in zoos,I don't see why not since just about every other mammal has been kept.If there was ever a deer to be kept it certainly would have been this one.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm going to venture and guess that you must be joking and as to the question of if deer are kept in zoos,I don't see why not since just about every other mammal has been kept.If there was ever a deer to be kept it certainly would have been this one.
Are YOU going to eat an albino deer this year? yes dude I was kidding...albino deer aren't that rare anyhow. I see them pretty frequently. Bucks that big maybe not but they are around.
Man...jokes on this site don't go over well alot...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,since I buy my steaks and hamburger from the not so supermarket rather than go out and shoot them I wouldn't know if it is from an albino or not...deer or steer.See..it is hard to tell sometimes when someone is joking or not and I'm not the most avid outdoors or backwoodsman but I have never heard of an albino deer let alone seen one.Funny thing in the article was how it mentions several hunters have been after this deer for some time but it has managed to elude them until now and the boy took it down at a time of year when it would seem to stick out in the bush the most.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store