hey guys ! i just bought a giant gourami :D

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
have been planning all this time to buy a new fish and finally i managed to do so.. i bought a 4" juvenile albino giant gourami at a lfs in a shopping mall :) he looks happy in his 30g grow out tank .. soo, this is my 1st giant gourami after my dad's gg died a few yrs ago, what are the best ways to care these fish? i knw tht they need big tanks, moderate decorations of tank and a wide variety of food including veggies .. what else? :)

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Sounds like you're on the right track. That 30 gallon is not going to be sufficient for longer than 3-4 months, if that.

Mine is in her own 300 gallon tank, and she uses every inch of it. She is almost as long as the tank is wide. Anything smaller would be cramped.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
yeps.. i knw tht he wont fit tht soon ..
i'll be upgrading soon enough.. in the mean time, anything tht i should do now? my gg is still stressed out from the journey and im kinda worried to do my weekly water change.. and should i just let it get use to the movements around the tank?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
First - is he eating? That is the number one step. There should not be stress from the journey - if he is stressed, then it's the current tank he's in. Make sure your parameters are on track, and do keep up with water changes.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
That doesn't tell us much. Have you tested the water?
Tankmates would also help - and at this stage, a lot of cover is good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store