Cant rid jack of fungus!!

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Help please my jack has had a fungus growing on him slowly for a week. It got really bad in the first 2 days, (did 50% wc which i do 1x per week) began to go away, then came back a little so I pulled him out and put him in qt to treat

Original tank: 165g where he is by far the largest fish and is not fighting with anyone

Now: 10gal qt tank

Treated with tetra fungus clearing tablet (turns water green) 2 days ago and it is getting worse. The original spots are not growing but now some showed up on his fins. Tank is heated and filtered, I filled the qt tank up with water from the big tank when I put him in
uploadfromtaptalk1414249245483.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414249258514.jpg

The spots on the fins are new today
using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Sorry for no reply. I moved him into a larger qt tank as it was too difficult to keep the water quality up. I had him in a 30g tote dosing with antifungal medication for a week. All of the spots on him went away but new ones arose during that time! He has been infected with w.e this is for over 3 weeks now and it appears to either not be a fungus or be resistant to the usual green fizzy tablets. He appears unaffected by it health wise (hes had it for 3 weeks, hes still acting totally normal and eating/ pooping/ chasing around my small oscar like usual. He is not being picked on I watch him like a hawk.

Does anyone know what this could be or how to rid him of it??? He has a dozen spots of w.e this is on him but many of them appear to be on his fins now. No other fish are affected except one silver dollar who perpetually has cuts on him from my flagtail but as he heals it goes away and comes back with the next injury. I have had no fish losses from this and no one is showing signs of problems.

I test the water every other day and do wcs once or twice a week depending on whay the results say but there is never any ammonia or nitrite and low levels (barely orange) of nitrate. The qt tank he was in had zero levels on everything as I did daily 50% wc to keep the water perfect.

Help please??

My ph is above 7.5uploadfromtaptalk1414868214123.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414868225344.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414868234396.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store