Shortbody or dwarf aro??

mattmez

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2014
Coal City IL
I have a 55 gal and I LOVE aros and I don't really have a tank to upgrade to for a big aro is there a aro that is shortbody or dwarf that can go in a 55 that won't eat a my rummy noses in my SA themed tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Unfortunately not. All aros will outgrow that and get to about 2 feet. Try something else for your task.

Sent from my LGMS500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
What about a black aro don't they grow really slow and if I buy a baby how long till he out grows it

Hey friend, I suggest that if you really do like Arows you should purchase the correct size tank prior to buying the arow. Any arow, even black, will only last a very short time in a 55 until it outgrows it and is jammed in there like a sardine in a can. Is that what you want? If not, then purchase the right set up first and really enjoy growing your arowana out to adulthood.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
What about a black aro don't they grow really slow and if I buy a baby how long till he out grows it

Sure buy a black arowana for $250 or $300 and when it outgrows the 55 in a few months time and eats your rummy whatever fish they are be lucky to get $100 for it as their resell value is poor. Sounds like a good investment!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Sure buy a black arowana for $250 or $300 and when it outgrows the 55 in a few months time and eats your rummy whatever fish they are be lucky to get $100 for it as their resell value is poor. Sounds like a good investment!
Oh so blunt but this man speaks the truth. They all grow huge even Africans and fast. You'll get maybe 6 months which goes fast and then $ for a bigger tank

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
I tell you what you buy the baby black now and ill take it off your hands in a few months.

but no such things as a small arow. better luck getting a different top water fish that fits your tank. Maybe an african butterfly?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
As far as I know, no aros will fit in a 55 for more than a few months. Much less aros available in the USA.

danster9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
laguna
go with African Butterfly Fish they look like aros with wings very cool for a smaller tank and you could keep a group in a 55. they get to about 5 inches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store