200 gallon stock questions

Pablo7

Feeder Fish
Jul 15, 2014
Australia
I currently have a 200 gallon 183cm x 60cm x 70cm tank with a jaguar cichlid, a red terror and jack Dempsey. Ive had them a few months and they're all happy and healthy and it's fine but they're really skittish and they just freak out and smash around whenever there is movement in the room and they're just hurting themselves by doing this. They're not in a busy area they're left alone most of the day with plenty of hiding spots and they're all about 6 inches long. I really just want a bigger fish or a few bigger fish that aren't going to run from me whenever I try to look at them and one that will be pretty exciting and active and aggressive. I want to go for something a little bigger or the same but faster growing and I really need options. Being in Australia I have limited options but I just want to get a few ideas for something permanent in this tank whether it is a few big aggressive fish or just one big guy that owns the tank to himself.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
to me, oscars and flowerhorns :)
maybe ure fish needs a place tht usually have people in their surroundings.. i thnk tht they get used to not having people around and tht's why they are skittish and easily scared..

Acpape0

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Elkridge maryland
I have a arowana that was really skiddish. I put the tank in a pretty busy area in the house and it seemed to help. Time and exposure to people help.

If you do change fish I would recommend oscars if you like personable glass bangers.... But nothing beats the personality of Africans ...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Load up with a bunch of Exodons....you will love it...they won't hide and will come to you when they noticed you're their daily food source :) those Exodon won't be 10 inches like your Jack Dempsey but they are the most active fun fish to have...If you plan to get new fish then I would recommend Exodon. For last few years I was try out other type of fishes like ATF, Armatus, Arowanna, E;ectric Blue Jack Dempsey, Red Devil...etc but I got bored with those really fast lol. I re setup my Biotope Tank for my Exodons and I'm happy again :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store