Flat Back 3D Backgrounds?

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Setting up a 125g and am looking for a 3d background that has a flat back. I'd like to silicone it to the back glass. A lot of the backgrounds I'm seeing either leave space for equipment or do not lay flush which will result in muck accumulating back there.

I've looked at Designs by Nature but it looks like their backgrounds do not lay flush with the glass.

Anyone have any ideas?

freelanderuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
UK
i use the back to nature 3d slim line panels in my 100g tank, i am in the UK and bought them on eBay from a German supplier , they take up very little space and are siliconed to the back of the tank , the edges are contoured so you do not get a straight line joint, easy to install and i think a great addition to a tank

looks a lot better no with some algae growth as only been set up for about 2 months

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
1) Accumulating "muck" behind a background is not a big concern, there are pretty easy ways around this and usually the background becomes part of the filtration system... Personally I've never had a problem with it either way.

2) Lots of DBN backgrounds are flat on the back. Bulu point is a pretty classic one. Also DBN carries the full line of universal rocks, and will beat any advertised price. The only universal rock background completely flat on the back is the sheet design. Everything else will have a slight lip or major areas of space.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store