Lighting advice?

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
I'm looking for a nice display light for the tank I'm building. I want to bring out the beauty of just driftwood and sand on a black background and the natural colors of my fish but not be overpowering bright. I'm thinking of going with a 24 inch light on my 36 inch tank and blocking it out partially with tin foil. Anyone have a bulb recommendation in a standard t8 fixture

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I got one for a 20L and it was pretty bight since it was edge to edge on a shallow, narrow tank. I reminds me of the new Finnex Stringray fixtures with the full spectrum with white, red and blue. A 30" on a 36" tank should work out pretty good. I had popped it up on my 36" 40B and actually found it brighter than I needed. So I dont think there will be an issue if used as a fish only (no plant) set up.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Also wanted to add its a name brand fixture and when I ordered it I actually got a shipping notice that it was coming direct from Aquatic Life itself. Super impressive and small LED fixture.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
No problem. One of those rare deals out there. I was very impressed with the fixture for the money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store