My boa constrictor!

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I picked up my first snake. I've always loved the body shape and markings on the red tail boas. Not sexed yet but I named him/her Sully. It's about 6 months old I was told and looks to be alittle under 2ft. I have him in a 55 grow out and looking to make a Vivarium out of a large tv stand / cabinet. The tanks kind of quickly put together since he will be out growing it vary soon. I have a heat pad under some carpet with a hid on top with a 75w basking balb. I used tile for the rest of the tank because I don't like newspaper and I'll be easier to clean. I used a dog dish for his water dish and some moss to help with humidity. I will be adding some sticks, vines and plants for extra cover. So far I think I'm doing good since he took his first frozen rat and shed its skin the other night. Still working on handling him. Let me know what you think!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
is it just me or that is a pretty long tail on the 4th pic there, he might be a male. Nice snake!

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
is it just me or that is a pretty long tail on the 4th pic there, he might be a male. Nice snake!
Thank you! I'll have him sexed once he's alittle bigger but hopping I'll be a male but ether way, I'll be a awesome snake. I'm already saving up for another snake. Looking at getting a albino or a sun-glow red tail. Would love a pied ball or a white snake but vary expencive. Especially when you can get a green anaconda for $200 or lower, which is tempting as well haha but once I have more expeareance with larger snakes maybe hah

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
More pics of sully

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Thank you! I'll have him sexed once he's alittle bigger but hopping I'll be a male but ether way, I'll be a awesome snake. I'm already saving up for another snake. Looking at getting a albino or a sun-glow red tail. Would love a pied ball or a white snake but vary expencive. Especially when you can get a green anaconda for $200 or lower, which is tempting as well haha but once I have more expeareance with larger snakes maybe hah
lol, don't get green anaconda, maybe another 8-10 years but not anytime soon. I think they are not yet to be tame and still pretty aggressive for the current generation. if you want something big and eat a lot then retic is a lot better.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
How are blood pythons? I really like their body shape and color?

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Nice snake. And I agree with not getting a green anaconda, they are mean as hell. And if something goes wrong good luck wrestling a 15'+ anaconda! Burmese are a good starting point for big snakes.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Nice snake. And I agree with not getting a green anaconda, they are mean as hell. And if something goes wrong good luck wrestling a 15'+ anaconda! Burmese are a good starting point for big snakes.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wouldn't a Burmese or retic be in the same boat? The all get huge, I under stand that the anacondas a thicker snake and more a** behind him but the burm and retic arnt far behind. Or are they just normaly more docile?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I've kept all of the previously mentioned snakes and right now I have 4 retics and a green tree Python. You have the perfect beginner large snake. You shouldn't consider the others just yet until you're used to yours at a large size. Blood pythons are vicious. They are harder to tame but it is possible. I've seen a lot of tame ones but even more mean ones. Green anacondas are the same except at a much larger size. And they aren't very active. About 90% of the time they just sit in the water. A Burmese Python has the same personality as your boa except larger but retics are a whole new story. They are much more active. They are harder to control because they do not just chill in your arms. They constantly try to get away from you. It's easy when they're small but it's a handful when they're large. And male retics become extremely aggressive at breeding season. This is when a lot of bites occur and it is not fun. In the end the choice is up to you but my personal opinion is to just stick with what you got for now and then you can decide later if you can handle and properly house a much much larger snake

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store