Finally got my 12" blue diamond rhom!

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Wow really nice. What you trying to entice him with?

Calc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
BC
I ordered this fish from one of my friend, he placed the order with the locals of where the fish was, the fisherman then sent us a picture of the fish they caught, it looked great so I bit the bullet!
They also caught a 15" jet black, but I was looking for diamond, hence didn't get the black.

I am trying to get this guy on shrimp, pellet or anything else other than live.

Calc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
BC
There was some fungus and infection on the left side of its gill plate when arrived, probably from shipping.

I tried with so many different methods and medications, no luck,
until I talked to one of the lfs owner, and he recommend to drug him and apply the pond solution from Hikari ( hence the blue stuff on its gill in the first pic you see ), then it cured the infection within a week!!

master.k.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Clinton Twp , MI
He is buy him self , I would not try to feed anything for the first 14 days Explicitly if he is wild ... Keep Perfect water quality all around .
Make sure lighting and all other factors are repetitive , Piranha like the same thing day in day out make them less shy IMO .
Then add just a smidget of food on the 14th day (5-20 days would be adiquite) I would go with salmon or silver side if you want a pellet I think it would be a must for Hikari Massivore its like crack to Piranha thay cant resist

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store