Help in identifying this bichir please

khazukx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2014
Philippines
I bought this bichir today at a local fish store and they have this labeled as "Congicus Giant Bichir". It's 10-11 inches long. Is it really a congicus? They have 2 of this on stock and they're offering me a good price on the remaining one. Thanks in advance.

27102014041.jpg

Re-exposure of 27102014040.jpg

khazukx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2014
Philippines
Thank you very much for all the input bros. I really appreciate it. Attached a couple more pics. I don't mind if it's an endi. I went to the lfs looking for one originally. The lfs owner said she doesn't have one in stock but said she do have a couple of "congi" (funny thing is, she said she can get an "endi" if I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks). Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the other specimen as well (bigger than this one but light colored with pale markings).

28102014048.jpg

28102014049.jpg

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Thank you very much for all the input bros. I really appreciate it. Attached a couple more pics. I don't mind if it's an endi. I went to the lfs looking for one originally. The lfs owner said she doesn't have one in stock but said she do have a couple of "congi" (funny thing is, she said she can get an "endi" if I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks). Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the other specimen as well (bigger than this one but light colored with pale markings).
It looks wild caught to me if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected lol if the price isn't to bad id scoop it up man

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

khazukx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2014
Philippines
@Askaleymanfish - Thanks for the advice bro. I'm thinking the same thing- that they're wild caught. The lfs owner was asking for roughly $40 for both. Passed on the offer and bought this one for roughly $24. I'll go back and buy the remaining specimen. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store