My male jag passed.....

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
My male jag had seemed a little off for the last couple couple of weeks or so .... Not really eating well and not being as active chasing my hand and whatnot ..I Was only moderately concerned because he's gone through periods where he acted differently than his normal self but came out of it . Earlier last week I noticed he was breathing heavy ,so I stepped up the water changes ... Already for about a week I had not tried to feed him .Then,this past Friday he seemed OK so I fed him (probably a mistake )some blood worms,one of his favorite foods which he ate with gusto and I thought that whatever he had he would kick it.... Saturday he would not eat again and Sunday to Sunday night he seemed without a doubt noticeably sick ,not swimming around much starting to stay in one spot and getting progressively less mobile.. to the point where thinking about it woke me up in the middle of night to check on him and again in the AM ...he was alive and upright (but breathing heavy) as of 6:30 a.m. ..So I thought ..okay I'm off work today, I'll aggressively deal with whatever his problem is ...(bacterial infection?) Came downstairs to his tank at 8:30.... And he was dead.... Was one of my favorite fish that I've ever had ...bothers me the most because he was only about two and a half years old.... Guess I am not immune to losing a prized fish unexpectedly.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry brother that's tough. Sounds like you did your best to take care of him though during the time you had him.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
:( just need to get your hands on a new juvie now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Bummer!

I have a quick question though. Are you on city water?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sorry for your loss cich it happens to us all , worst part of the hobby by far :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
sorry man, some times they just drop for no real reason.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Thanks everyone....this is not the kind of loss you can expect the general pubic to
Understand...been in a state of disbelief that this happened and i know i will get strange looks telling people i run across that I am not in the best mood because my fish died....thanks to this forum I get that release.....
My norm is to usually include a pic....
Last one....he was 12+ inches...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1414462803238.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store