Pros and cons of Predator Saltwater Tank for beginners

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Do you have any experience with Freshwater? Or Saltwater? Most Freshwater concepts carry over to SW, but there are added factors you don't have to deal with in FW. SW is more fussy.
I have some large tanks, and I have SW, but I don't have have a large SW tank, for two reasons - money and hassle. With big fish in big tanks, one of the keys to success if regular, large water changes. While in SW you typically don't do the really large changes like FW, if still becomes quite and expense and hassle to do wc on a big SW tank. In addition everything is more expensive, though there are ways to do SW more cheaply than I once thought. If money isn't an issue it is much more doable, because not only does the expense not matter, but you can buy fancy gadgets that will make your life easier.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Do you have any experience with Freshwater? Or Saltwater? Most Freshwater concepts carry over to SW, but there are added factors you don't have to deal with in FW. SW is more fussy.
I have some large tanks, and I have SW, but I don't have have a large SW tank, for two reasons - money and hassle. With big fish in big tanks, one of the keys to success if regular, large water changes. While in SW you typically don't do the really large changes like FW, if still becomes quite and expense and hassle to do wc on a big SW tank. In addition everything is more expensive, though there are ways to do SW more cheaply than I once thought. If money isn't an issue it is much more doable, because not only does the expense not matter, but you can buy fancy gadgets that will make your life easier.
Nah, saltwater is entirely doable cheap if you know what you're doing. It can be as cheap as freshwater if you don't buy into the branding and the things that claim they are built specifically for saltwater.

Won't be as easy as freshwater simply because you'll have to do more searching, but it is doable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store