(Beginner) What to feed your saltwater fish?

akazzz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2014
Australia
I'm confused on what kind of food to buy my fishes.

For herbivore fishes, can I buy 1 type of herbivore pellets and use that to feed them all?
How about for carnivore fishes, does the same rule apply to them?
If that's the case, does that mean omnivore fishes can eat both the food that I feed the herbivore and omnivore?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
All depends on the fish you get.

Some carnivores will take prepared food and pellets, others may only take live until you ween them off it.

as for herbie fish...I don't know much about them or which fish are strictly herbivore to be honest...I mean nothing comes to mind that only eats plant matter.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I'm confused on what kind of food to buy my fishes.

For herbivore fishes, can I buy 1 type of herbivore pellets and use that to feed them all?
How about for carnivore fishes, does the same rule apply to them?
If that's the case, does that mean omnivore fishes can eat both the food that I feed the herbivore and omnivore?
I don't know what type of fish you have. If you are concerned about the nutritional value I would feed a seaweed from a clip for your vegetarian fish. The best option for omnivores is using a quality predator pellet with a veggie clip to get the proper nutritional diet.

Reactions: twcp

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
All my SW fish like NLS and Hikari Marine S. Get seaweed like they use for sushi for the herbivorous fish like tangs and some blennies. Live black worms work very for for extremely picky eaters, at least til you get them over the hump and onto prepared food. I have yet to see any fish ever turn down live blackworms. Mysis is my favorite frozen food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store