She popped... But bad news-lesson learned

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
So sorry Mike.....

For what it's worth I'm not sure I'll even get to the point you're at. Not sure mine's even showing movement anymore.

Hopefully better luck for everyone next round!!!

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
So sorry Mike.....

For what it's worth I'm not sure I'll even get to the point you're at. Not sure mine's even showing movement anymore.

Hopefully better luck for everyone next round!!!
to be honest i was questioning if mine was prego. she wasn't very big, and wasn't seeing movement but every great once in a while... with one tiny pup its not much too look at... she eats 3 times as much food as the pups size.

Im sure if you have yours separated you will have some pups in a few weeks. Now i have to set up another tank, or pond.... and prepare for next time. Hoping i have some p14 coming soon.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i really don't know. He probably did.... right? this morning everything was calm, and no real noticeable marks on her.

What should i do, separate the males next round. Or isolate her?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Mate that really sucks big time. To wait 5 months and then that happen. Sorry for your loss, live and learn like the others say i guess. It's amazing to think they can hold pup/pups for so long. When i got into this game i was led to beleive pregnancy lasted around 90 days (3 months) but everyone seems to be waiting 4 months or more. I have no idea how long mine has been pregnant, was possibly tagged in July but can't be 100% sure so i have another month or maybe longer to wait. But it seems like for ever, worse than the wife being pregnant lol

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
to be honest i was questioning if mine was prego. she wasn't very big, and wasn't seeing movement but every great once in a while... with one tiny pup its not much too look at... she eats 3 times as much food as the pups size.

Im sure if you have yours separated you will have some pups in a few weeks. Now i have to set up another tank, or pond.... and prepare for next time. Hoping i have some p14 coming soon.
Well, mine hasn't really gotten her appetite back since being moved. She doesn't look preggo at all compared to the Marbles. I can walk by their tank and see movement yet when I sit and watch the Henleo I don't see much.

The separate tank thing is a hurdle to say the least. I was just getting to the point of being happy here with what I had tank wise, then come to find out I'm just going to need more. Really think the only way I'm going to keep my sanity is a massive downsize.

On a lighter side..... I'd still consider you the one that got yours to breed first ;) Congrats on that at least, the hard part should be over with. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store