i need light help/ideas

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
so i'm looking to replace the lights above my plywood tank, its only ~18" tall, the back walls are painted a light brown/tan color and the lights I currently have are a 4 ft t5ho grow light and a 3 ft t5 bulb (tank is L shaped). it's too bright in there, it stresses my fish and they just hide all the time. I still want to be able to see their colors and everything but want it to be darker. I've been thinking a cheap diy led project, but I have 0 knowledge with what I should get so i'm leaning on you good people. I would like a dimmer and or some sort of sunset/sunrise function, a dimmer would probably be fine though. because of the shape I need something long ish. one side of the L is 4' the other is 6' so it would need to be a string I can bend or maybe some pods or something I could wire together. also I am real splashy so if anyone knows the best way to avoid electrocution that would be great too. i'll do some research myself, but please tell me exactly what I need. lol. thanks

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Would it be a good idea to combine a strip of rbg and cool white to bring out all the colors of the fish? I'm worried with just the cool white it would look too... Clinical or something. I'm going for more natural. Or is mixing them unnessesary because I'm not trying for plants or anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store