Who is ready for war?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Cupcake Wars, to be exact. Does anyone watch this? I know, I know...a show about cupcakes. But it's addicting. I'm not into baking or food shows but man I can't get enough of it.

It's extremely funny to hear people be so serious about cupcakes.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
There's big money to be made in the cake/cup cake business so I'm not surprised at the creativity and seriousness

I've seen a few episodes but it's not anything i have an interest in seeing again. Curiosity got me that day

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
big money?

didn't a huge cupcake company close down not long ago because the demand for cupcakes is at an all time low. I don't even remember when I last bought cupcakes.

home made ftw

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
big money?

didn't a huge cupcake company close down not long ago because the demand for cupcakes is at an all time low. I don't even remember when I last bought cupcakes.

home made ftw
They are practically home made, lol. These are mom and pops local shops for special events. Thats booming. Very lil correlation to the packaged crap the big box companies are making

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
cup cakes have always been a weird thing to me

i'd just buy a cake. the only time a cupcake is necessary in my life is when I want to bring a treat for one of my kid's class. bringing a cake, with eating utensils and plates isn't ideal.

other than that, there is no use for cupcakes. cup cakes are like mini burgers. why order 4 freaking mini burgers when you can just buy one regular sized burger? it's kind of retarded isn't it?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
cup cakes have always been a weird thing to me

i'd just buy a cake. the only time a cupcake is necessary in my life is when I want to bring a treat for one of my kid's class. bringing a cake, with eating utensils and plates isn't ideal.

other than that, there is no use for cupcakes.
Lol thats the entire purpose of cupcakes, social gatherings like parties

a lot of them are formed to look like cake nowadays

I got a friend who launch a biz doing cakes and cupcakes just through word of mouth and charges 75-300 bucks for small cakes or cupcake creations Its crazy.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414611263.611165.jpg

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
that's insane to me

i'd rather just buy a cake with all the eating utensils you need for half the cost of $75 worth of cup cakes dressed up to look pretty only to be destroyed shortly

#costcoalldayerrday

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Never hosted a party have you? You want 20 kids in your house with forks and plates? Or wherever you're publicly hosting? I'd rather hand em a cupcake and point em to the trash.

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I rather make my own cupcakes/cake for a fraction of the price

Sent from my SCH-R830C

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Yea, my gf makes them all the time, easy, yummy, AND cheap.

edit: Hold on, are we in a cup cake thread??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store