Will my algae eater safe in my oscar+blood parrot tank?

hihihimate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2014
Canada
IMG_0441.JPGThis is the new oscar I just have, I do like this one. I will get my blood parrot next week.

IMG_0447.JPGBut I am little worried about my small gold algae eater, I hope he will be fine with Oscar because I have a plastic stone in my tank and Oscar is way too big for that one. Algae eater is the only one could get into that thing and hide well. Will my algae eater stay well with my oscar and blood parrot in the future? If not, I just give my algae eater away.
IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
It depends on the oscars personality and how well it is fed really IMO. I wouldn't worry about the blood parrot so much. Those algae eaters are really fast and grow pretty quick too. Put a few more decorations in for small hiding places and I don't think you will have to worry. :) good luck with your new fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hihihimate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2014
Canada
It depends on the oscars personality and how well it is fed really IMO. I wouldn't worry about the blood parrot so much. Those algae eaters are really fast and grow pretty quick too. Put a few more decorations in for small hiding places and I don't think you will have to worry. :) good luck with your new fish

Thank you!

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
A well fed oscar will still make the attempt to eat a fish it thinks it is smaller than itself. I've kept a couple of oscars, and even with rounded bellies, they still stuffed itself with a fish it thought that it could eat.

hihihimate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2014
Canada
A well fed oscar will still make the attempt to eat a fish it thinks it is smaller than itself. I've kept a couple of oscars, and even with rounded bellies, they still stuffed itself with a fish it thought that it could eat.
I got my oscar yesterday. It looks health as well. But I also have 6 zebra danios with it in the tank. My oscar only tried a couple of times to chase zebras, and I fed all of them tropical fish food so far. I am going to get some small shrimp today for my oscar. Oscar didn't eat any of zebras yet. Is there anything wrong with my oscar? I hope I did not get a vegetarian oscar.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I got my oscar yesterday. It looks health as well. But I also have 6 zebra danios with it in the tank. My oscar only tried a couple of times to chase zebras, and I fed all of them tropical fish food so far. I am going to get some small shrimp today for my oscar. Oscar didn't eat any of zebras yet. Is there anything wrong with my oscar? I hope I did not get a vegetarian oscar.
I wouldn't worry about having a vegetarian Oscar. Yours just isn't big enough yet. I would worry about that CAE though. Those things get aggressive and suck the slime coat off fish. They only eat algae when young or small. I had one almost kill a firemouth by pinning the firemouth to the substrate. After that took that CAE and fed it to an Oscar.

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Yeah your oscar has plenty of time to grow don't be surprised if a few zebras go missing one week after another they are like live treats for oscars :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store