help! what illness is this? Jardini not doing good..

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
So my jardini seems to be suffering from something i have never seen before... seems like some scales are falling off a little and its seems to be breathing heavy. opening and closing its mouth alot. and lethargically swimming with its head near the surface. There seems to be a blood streak in its tail. so i think its bacterial or fungal infection. Just did a 50% water change in my 300. And its fins seems to have some redness. Currently treating Melafix and Pimafix. Anything else i can do?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Sounds like a serious ammonia burn - did you test the water previous to the water change? How does it test now?
How long ago was your last water change?
I would add more aeration, too, if you don't have much already.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
It could be velvet disease I lost my last big jar to that , similar sounding symptoms from what your saying , not too sure about correct medication though as like I said I couldn't save mine :( , I did however manage to kill it off and save most of my other stock using anti parasite treatment that's used for white spot , flukes and slime disease
If all your water P's are in order ? It might be worth you researching velvet disease see what you think , I had a friend from lfs help me out after I lost my jar he took scale scrapings off my other fish and looked at it under the microscope that's how I discovered cause to be velvet

I hope this has at least give you another option to look at and helped you out a little , hope your fish pulls through hate to see this type of thing happen o mfk's , I'll try find out about meds for you too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sounds like a serious ammonia burn - did you test the water previous to the water change? How does it test now?
How long ago was your last water change?
I would add more aeration, too, if you don't have much already.
The redness could be ammonia burns , ammonia will also leave your jardini breathless and lethargic , you defo need to test your water make sure all P's are OK before you try diagnose illness , it might be worth checking your test kit date etc , or try on a second kit for peace of mind

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Please post your water parameters ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph as this will help decide which meds will be the most usful. A clear picture would also be helpful. What your are describing sounds like hemorrhagic septicemia.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Any news on your jardini ???

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Please post your water parameters ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph as this will help decide which meds will be the most usful. A clear picture would also be helpful. What your are describing sounds like hemorrhagic septicemia.
Water is fine. And you were correct. It seemed to be hemorrhagic septicemia

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store