Plywood sump?

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I was just curious if anyone had made a sump out of plywood before or not..I have done some searching but I couldn't find anything.
I figured if people were making plywood tanks that surely someone would have made a sump out of plywood already...
If not maybe I will just have to do that..

Although the more I think about it the more it seems like it would be a lot of work to do that...haha maybe that's why I haven't found anything on them..

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Someone on here had a plywood tank build thread of which he also made a plywood sump using a pond liner. Sorry I can't remember the exact thread

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Just as easy to buy a stock tub or a plastic container I would think.

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
That's what I was ultimately thinking as well, but I figured someone in the spirit of DIY would have done it already...but I guess it's just not as popular or necessary..as you said, you can get a stock tank or plastic container fairly easily and not have to get your hands dirty doing it..

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
yea, most diy cheap sumps i have seen are stock tanks or trash cans or something like that. there is absolutely no reason you couldn't do it out of plywood, but it seems like more work and more money than a plastic tank.

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Hmmm, maybe there'd be a market for them..if I get any spare time I might consider making one and see if I can't get any interest and then, just maybe I could make a side business of selling plywood aquariums with matching plywood sumps!!
hahahaha....probably not a chance in the world for that tho..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store