FX6 Draining To Quickly.

JoannaH

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2014
UK
Hi all,

I just purchased an FX6 and have installed it. Pipes are correct length, correct height, etc. But.. I have had to turn the out flow down to about 70% as the pump is just draining faster than the gravity return refills. It ends up churning air. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jo.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
If its anything like the fx5 (I'm assuming it is) and it is your first time owning one from the series, then the sound you're hearing may be the initial fill and purge that happens every time you start one of them up.

Just to be sure: have you let the filter run for over 10 mins or so? The first five mins of my 5's starting up is big time noisy but soon after all is well.

JoannaH

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2014
UK
If its anything like the fx5 (I'm assuming it is) and it is your first time owning one from the series, then the sound you're hearing may be the initial fill and purge that happens every time you start one of them up.

Just to be sure: have you let the filter run for over 10 mins or so? The first five mins of my 5's starting up is big time noisy but soon after all is well.
Thanks, I'll leave it running for a bit and see what happens.. It's was doing it for about 15/20 mins.. I'll let it catch up and hopefully it will settle down.

JoannaH

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2014
UK
Solved, make sure the the fitting on the intake hose (the bit in the rubber connector) is under water, it is not an airtight seal.. :/

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Solved, make sure the the fitting on the intake hose (the bit in the rubber connector) is under water, it is not an airtight seal.. :/
Good to hear you got the problem solved!

henria86

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Big City...
I WOULD JUST HARD PIPE THEM !
its so much cleaner n no problems

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store