Playing with new phone

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
A little bit of the aquarium i am currently setting up, pink lipped shiners and chubs and a yellow bullhead...

[video=youtube;AgBmvzRNLtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBmvzRNLtQ[/video]

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice tank! Just hope you know that with a bullhead you're going to start loosing those shiners fast :).

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
yellow bullheads aren't my fave native cat, he might go his own tank or an outdoor pond. Not sure yet, if I had a buddy for him/her I would be cool to breed them, they are good parents fun to watch.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
I remember many years ago when I worked in a pet shop a woman brought in a channel catfish about 18" long, it had been in her goldfish pond as a "scavenger" the owner of the shop gave her store credit for the fish and told me to put it in a 100 gallon tank he used to sell goldfish out of. The tank was full of fancy goldfish, I tried to tell him it was a mistake but his response was that the fish had been living with goldfish for years and it only ate pellets. So I dumped him in the goldfish tank, he ate a dozen of them before he got to the bottom, it was so funny...

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
yellow bullheads aren't my fave native cat, he might go his own tank or an outdoor pond. Not sure yet, if I had a buddy for him/her I would be cool to breed them, they are good parents fun to watch.
I love them! Got 4 myself. Is it relatively easy to breed them? I've been meaning to try and I might setup a 180 with a lot of sand and some driftwood with temp and light fluctuations to try.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I remember many years ago when I worked in a pet shop a woman brought in a channel catfish about 18" long, it had been in her goldfish pond as a "scavenger" the owner of the shop gave her store credit for the fish and told me to put it in a 100 gallon tank he used to sell goldfish out of. The tank was full of fancy goldfish, I tried to tell him it was a mistake but his response was that the fish had been living with goldfish for years and it only ate pellets. So I dumped him in the goldfish tank, he ate a dozen of them before he got to the bottom, it was so funny...
Lol, channels are my all time favorite fish :).

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
I love them! Got 4 myself. Is it relatively easy to breed them? I've been meaning to try and I might setup a 180 with a lot of sand and some driftwood with temp and light fluctuations to try.
They need a secure place to breed, I used old pieces of ceramic pipe, catfish love hollow things. They might need a bit of a temp drop as well, lots of live crayfish will get them into condition...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store