should i give away this agressive cichlid?

sook9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
venezuela
everything was fine it was kinda a tank where there was a bit of chasing but not that hard as it is now, my oldest peacock african cichlid died along with another cichlid who was dominant but not that agressive

now this other cichlid that is a kenyi took the dominat place and took all over the tank about 90% of the tank and the other cichlids are scared in a corner even the kenyi chases then in the corner he won't leave any fish alone for over a week the fishes are been so stressed that it worries me

what is the best solution?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Not enough information to give you any advice. What size tank? How many and what types of fish? Size of fish?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
80 gallon long tank fishes mbunas a red parrot and a blue peacock cichlid about 6-7 fishes
Add more fish, overstocking african cichlids is the key to spreading out aggression, just need to keep up with water changes.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
peacock and parrot wont last too long with mbuna. I would get them out and get a few more mbuna. Crowd them in and make sure there are a lot of hiding places in the form of rockwork.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store