Humerosa?

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
Local pet store is bringing in humerosa I read stickey but was wondering why I never see them for sale or many people keeping them and what is normal price range

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Honestly who knows what a humerosa is. If you read descriptions and see pictures one would be lead to believe that a humerosa is a snow leopard. If you can get a pic please post, my guess is it is a peru sp. or a orbignyi but only a pic can determine that.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
The price will say a lot to what it is. If it is cheap and you want a ray take the chance. I have bought several rays I never saw a pic of that were cheap just to see what they really were. Ultimately I never trust an ID off of a name alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I agree that it's most likely an Orbignyi (hate the spelling) It's an orb stingray to me

Honestly who knows what a humerosa is. If you read descriptions and see pictures one would be lead to believe that a humerosa is a snow leopard. If you can get a pic please post, my guess is it is a peru sp. or a orbignyi but only a pic can determine that.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I would definitley take a chance. You might end up with a mozaic. Which is a Large beauty of a ray.

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
most humerosa type rays are sold as Peru hystrix. they pretty large yellow rays. so you might do a search for Peru hystrix to get info on them.
i would get. they are great rays

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
I saw them today and they were cheap and in bad shape but they looked different then any ray I have seen before left phone at home and I'm having owner email me pics

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
No pics yet but from what I gather the one is light colored with white spots looked like what some are calling scobina other 2 are like a darker orb of sorts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store