Lethrinops

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Sorry about the partial title, touchscreen hiccup...

I've got a male Lethrinops intermedious, about 5" or so... Having some aggressikn/territory issues lately... At the moment he's claimed over half of my 75 gallon, and has moved and piled up a very large mound of sand... almost down to the glass, then piled it up maybe 6" tall again the front glass...

Recently I discovered my venustus was female, and wondered if the intermedius is in "territorial breeding mode"?
Haven't found anywhere for the venustus yet as my LFS stopped taking donated/rescue fish (started using those two tanks for discus...) and as big as my venustus is (and i really like him/her) i can't just bring myself to "dispose" of it like i have some other problem fish...

If it's a breeding issue, I'm going to have to find a solution quicker before the intermedius stresses the whole tank...

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Yeah he is probably getting ready to breed. Have you noticed any shaking or other courting behaviors?

I assume you have an all male tank, safe to say its time for the female venustus to go before your fish get really stressed. I know i would hate to lose a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Yes it was supposedly an all-male tank... needless to say the previous fry have proved otherwise, but apparently I had more than one female mixed in... as the other was removed months ago and haven't seen any new fry since...

Yes I have seen some shaking (like a fish seizure? Lol!)
Time to search for a good home...

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store