My sump

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
Hey all, this is my sump, any comments, advice, my tank is cloudy and I'm running an aqua clear 70 too so I have no idea what's going on? What should I add to my sump? Help!
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414969139.123655.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414969154.061489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
These are the inhabitants, red devil and small oscar are on Craigslist, where I live right now I have a petco and they don't except drop offs. It's a 75 gallon tank and I've had it for around a month nearly I think my plan is just too keep the convict and the Oscar ! But I need to fix this filtration issue... I've had advice and I think I've followed it I have like 15 packs of scrubbies in the sump I added some more media for mechanical over the sponge. I'll do what ever you tell me too
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414969350.611042.jpg

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
stick your finger in your butt ! LMFO

I would add some floss under where it drains in, prolly a filter sock or some egg crate held up by pvc pipe with floss on top.... basically you need some fine mechanical filtering the water once it enters ur sump
Haha, not anything! So change my blue stuff out? What is floss?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Well no ya don't have to ditch the blue pad, but you should go into a local fish store and ask them to show you some filter floss it very similar to quilt batting or get some socks and hang one in the sump the filter it out.... You can always put floss inside the sock to but keep an eye on it so it doesn't over flow when clogged as floss makes the water very clear since it such a fine woven material

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
$2-3 floss at walmart, Last a long time and does a great job. What micron socks are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Cleaning socks -- just drop it in your washing machine, no detergent, maybe a capful of bleach. Or, take it outside and hose it out with a spary nozzle and a garden hose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store