Alternative to RO/DI

frankr409

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
Indiana
Hello, I am looking for an alternative to a reverse osmosis system for my aquarium. Here is the set up, I will have a 280 gallon system, and I will be looking to replace between 50 and 70 gallons of water per day using drip method. It will be fed back in via a drip system.

I do this now with a 110 gallon tank only I use a reverse osmosis system. It really is going to be more than I need for this particular aquarium. Does anyone have any suggestions whatsoever for a system that will remove Chloromine, etc from the water, have fairly long lasting filters, and produce no less than 100 gallons a day.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I don't think there is an alternative. That's why. Mainly everyone just would use an RO system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankr409

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
Indiana
There are some carbon only systems, that I had seen others discussing, Can't find the threads though now that I need them, Google is just in the business of selling you things and not in the search business it seems.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
they are called HMA systems,, you have to look on ebay for them since most places in the US do not sell them.
they are basically the same as an RO unit but with out the RO membrane. 1 sediment fillter and 2 different types
of carbon filters. you can also get, or if you already have, the RO unit and just bypass the RO membrane.

frankr409

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
Indiana
they are called HMA systems,, you have to look on ebay for them since most places in the US do not sell them.
they are basically the same as an RO unit but with out the RO membrane. 1 sediment fillter and 2 different types
of carbon filters. you can also get, or if you already have, the RO unit and just bypass the RO membrane.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for, which led me to the original thread, which led me to this web site which specializes in such things.

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/filter_packages.htm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store