Easiest/Fastest way to get Rays onto Pellets

Mattpersico98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am getting a ray, and I need the fastest and easiest way to get them onto pellets. I don't have a lfs very close to where I live, so it is difficult for me to go buy live food. I need he fastest and easiest way to get them onto pellets, or something else I can feed them that I can get easilyThanks in advance for the help

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Buy one that is already on pellets. But, that's not a very healthy diet for a ray. I'd suggest that you figure something out BEFORE getting the ray.

Keep in mind they eat a lot of different meaty foods that can easily be bought at food stores.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Tilapia, shrimp, other frozen foods works good. Pellet training can be fast or slow, you just never know and it's not worth pushing a new ray at all. They need to settle in to the new environment first. Make sure you ask the seller exactly what they are eating and get as much information about food they have tried and have had success and failure with.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I'm not sure if you are saying that pellets are not healthy for rays or what but I find that a heavy diet of pellets is good for my rays just takes some time getting them onto what you want but anything is possible with enough patients and time. Just understand it won't usually happen over night or even for some in weeks or some even months.

Buy one that is already on pellets. But, that's not a very healthy diet for a ray. I'd suggest that you figure something out BEFORE getting the ray.

Keep in mind they eat a lot of different meaty foods that can easily be bought at food stores.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
What I meant was; from what I've researched on here; it's best to give rays a varied diet, not just pellets. If that's not the case; then I learned something here - thanks!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Soak pellets in cut up worms and let them soak over night. Over a period of a few weeks use less worms and more pellets. Can do the same thing with mussel and prawn, defrost them in a container with pellets and the pellets take on the smell/taste of the fish, the rays should take to them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store