how many of you have recieved injuries and how bad from your fish ?

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
Im pretty sure there is another thread out there like this but here it goes. I am curious to see how many injuries and how bad does everyone get from your beloved pets . As my fish are getting larger they are becoming less afraid of my hand and getting pretty close. Now my fish do not have small teeth so this is starting to become questionable . They creep up on me if I do not watch and a few have tried taking a bite but missed and got the gravel syphon instead.( Thank goodness) My jag has taken a bite out of the net that I usually put in front of my hand and has bent it so now I am starting to wonder how painful can a parachromis bite be .

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
I got nailed pretty good by my male jaguar a few years back before I got rid of him. Dammit that hurt. No stitches, but he was about 10 to 12 inches and hit me hard through the net I was defending with.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I got bit really good by my 12 inch midevil once. That hurt, he shredded my finger it was not a pretty sight. And I also got bit by my 12 inch dovii. That hurt as well lol it felt like needles going into my fingers they have long pointy teeth! Lastly I got bit by my silver arowana who was 24 inches+ that really hurt. I always thought that they had smooth mouths like carp for some reason I THOUGHT WRONG! And if it counts as a fish related injury the 5 gallon buckets full of water I used to use for waterchanges wrecked my lower back and I'm only 17 with back issues already! Regardless when a fish bites me it's my fault usually I mean what kind of idiot sticks his hand in the tank to clean and move around the sand etc. with those types of fish in the tank.....me lol as well as many others.

EDIT: A parachromis bite is no fun if that's what you're wondering lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
My midevil got me several weeks ago. He's 10-11". He always goes for my hands during water change time and that time I let my guard down. It did hurt. Hasn't got me since

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1415027632.185871.jpg

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
love seeing pictures ! I am starting to think maybe I should get some heavy gloves or something . I also have a dovi. But luckily it is still small and terrified when I decide to mix the tank up. My female Jag however has decided my hand looks like food.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
I'll try to find my picture. 13" male jag was in one of his moods and caught me slipping changing water. I have a cheese grader like scar. Stick your hand in there and stir up the gravel a little bit it's not that bad :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store