QUALITY MIDAS??

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm potentially going to be buying this Midas Cichlid.... I've always wanted a RED Midas and this boy is between 8 - 9" long at the moment with a nice even orange coloration that with the right food could become redder... "Picture provided by vender" It originates from Jeffs Rapps via Oddball Express in the UK.

438400.jpg

Is this specimen worth having in your opinion? Please let me know what your thoughts are ASAP before I decide to buy it or not.

Thanks

Phil

438400.jpg

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
The ? is do you like the fish. Why do you need approval from people on a message board to buy a fish, i really dont understand these kinds of ?

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Its a simple question... IS THIS A QUALITY MIDAS??? If you don't understand that then don't bother posting. I only wanting people who are familiar and knowledgeable about this species to verify if its a good fish before I buy it.:duh:

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
438401.jpg
438402.jpg

Some more pics....

438402.jpg

438401.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I like it and think it would be worth it has a nice red orange. I always like red Midas I just don't like the looks when the peel so I have been a little weary of getting one.

@Sharptooth - I think it is because there is allot of garbage out there people posting this stuff want to know if they are going come away with a quality adult after spending allot of time and money. Especially with red devil/midas (at the risk of sounding like forest gump) you never know what your gonna get

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
EXACTLY.... If I want to invest my time and money raising a fish for years n years I want to know if it is going to be a stunner.... Of course, its not an exact science but if you get a good starting point (like potentially this specimen) its not a bad thing is it.

I like it and think it would be worth it has a nice red orange. I always like red Midas I just don't like the looks when the peel so I have been a little weary of getting one.

@Sharptooth - I think it is because there is allot of garbage out there people posting this stuff want to know if they are going come away with a quality adult after spending allot of time and money. Especially with red devil/midas (at the risk of sounding like forest gump) you never know what your gonna get

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I think you should go for it. Sometimes the quality of a fish is determined by the keeper. It's a good base to start with. Looks red, fins are good, but if kept by a poor keeper, it'll waste away. A good keeper could turn it into a stunner. If you think you could make it shine, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
He's not gonna be red I tell u that for sure.

The name of the fish and the visual color it is right now tells me enough to be sure about it..

I think he is around the quality like most Midas + he is good looking.

If I had money to blow I'd get him

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
He's not gonna be red I tell u that for sure.

The name of the fish and the visual color it is right now tells me enough to be sure about it..

Nice fish.
Well, partially color blind so he looks red on my end lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store