Glass, and Epoxy two separate issues

jgauthier

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2011
Miamisburg, OH
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I are setting up a 150g saltwater, and we are having a hard time finding glass tops that will fit. Any suggestions on a place that will sell something that fits?
The aquarium is something like 72x18, with two center braces. So I need a qty 3: 24x18. Seems like I cannot find an 18".

Secondly, I have a freshwater 220g, the sump is built out of a 55g. Well, recently, by baffle burst its seam. Originally, I used silicon and then realized silicon did not hold up to the pressure.
I then used something else, but I cannot remember what! It held up great, but the trick was/is that I have to do it wet. I can remove a bit of water, but it won't be dry. Would definitely appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Glass tops from Lowes. I have a tqnk with the exact same dimensions and got my top from there. Tip: on at least one of not all three get it cut so there can be a 5" or so separate piece you can easily flip up and access the tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I are setting up a 150g saltwater, and we are having a hard time finding glass tops that will fit. Any suggestions on a place that will sell something that fits?
The aquarium is something like 72x18, with two center braces. So I need a qty 3: 24x18. Seems like I cannot find an 18".

Thanks!
well all you have to order from your local pet store is a 120 gal LONG glass canopy.. it will run some where $70-90..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store