My African Cichlids Community

Rhodes09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
It is an Eye Biter which I've had well over 5 years now, clearly the Alpha fish in that tank. Thanks for the compliments there's actually 3 Syno cats in there total

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rhodes09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
They do seem to prefer the power head pointing laterally across the tank. Anytime I enter the room at least one fish is swimming into the current. There are actually 4 separate filters on this tank but the primary filtration is from 3 Tetra HOB filters. Turnover is somewhere near 18-20x the tank volume an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
ouuhh, soo if tht's what they want then it's good :) but to me, i would not want my tank current to be tht strong.. btw, what's ure tank size?

Rhodes09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
To be honest, the outflow from the 3 filters coming in the opposer direction creates a lot of surface disturbance but the flow is weak knits a few inches below. It's a bit deceiving.

bawb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I'm not seeing a problem that needs solved. Think of a fan in your living room blowing in one spot. If you ain't in front of it you don't get much air. Same with the powerhead. And it looks like a 55 gal tank to me.

BasicallyBane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
I have a nice current fan on my tank but what I did was place it lower in the tank and aim the head of it up at the water surface so it's not a vertical currant but more horizontal and dies down faster than on top of tank. But hey if your fish like it, and are use to it, don't worry bout it. And nice dimediochromis! I have one just like him! But my red empress chases him a lot..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store